a problem with the server

Mar 24, 2019
Hello guys

so as most of you know already some ff maps along side other maps are literally being played daily for atleast 1 month now and its really bad, why is it ? because regulars are really getting bored of playing same maps daily
also these maps are mostly nominated by guys who dont even play on guc but they only join to nominate thier favorite ff maps then leave just to join the next day to nominate it again thus more people getting bored and if you say why people vote for them if they are bored
is because its literally spammed always on nomlist, these guys have binds to nominate those maps and its literally impossible to nominate a map after 5 seconds of the current map starting, I could be an asshole and do the same as them, nominate thier maps and rejoin when vote almost starts but I don't wanna waste my time on doing this so
also I can name alot of these guys, but lets keep the names out for now.

maps that are played daily:
mako v5
malgo reactor
cosmo canyon
westersand
deadcore
crazykart
jerry malaka
crazy escape

at this point its a must to play all these maps daily, don't get me wrong I don't hate these maps but its fucking disgusting to play them daily just because some guy wants to play that map then leave(often these maps are solo fag so most of players cant do them so when they die they get mad then they leave which gives you a dead server after all these laser faggot maps are played, to prove check the players number going down lately)
and if there is nothing done about it I am gonna stop playing on guc, its my favorite server to play on and more regulars will get bored and leave soon so server will end up dead and then you might wanna rename it to laser faggots clan because only ff maps are being played

so my suggested solutions are these:

1: make a system that stores the votes list outside the server so even if server crashes or restarts these maps are still on cool down + giving all maps 2 days cool down for 1 week, programming wise this is possible but I am not really expert in making server plugins so I have alternative solutions.

2: put all of these maps on admin list for 1 week atleast so these guys chill the fuck out and stop killing the server with those overplayed maps

3: make only 2 maps of this list played a week so for example this week => mako and crazykart are nominatable, next week => crazy escape and malgo and so on.

Thanks for reading, please share your opinion either you agree or disagree.

Dec 18, 2017
Ukraine
we gotta do something about it for sure.... just remove them from mapcycle txt for now atleast for 1 week and see how it goes

Jun 19, 2018
pakistan, karachi
Another over played map that i have noticed is best korea. Mostly nominated by players who don't play regularly or don't even use their mic to lead. We have plenty of good and interesting maps that we used to play in the past but right now they are being ignored over these over played maps.

Smexy

Server Admin
Apr 29, 2017
Abu Dhabi, AE
I agree with demon too we need to keep trying and learn new maps, other long/tryhard maps and actually beat them instead of just wasting time every single day on the same maps over and over again. However, I like demon’s idea about the maps daily or weekly cooldowns that’s a good thing.

For example; Wanderers_V6 why we don’t play it daily? Because it’s a hard map which needs perfect team work and brain also it’ll waste everyone’s energy and ruin their mood that’s why we play it on the right time and it took us a while but we actually beat it.

Mar 23, 2019
Estonia
I'm agree with your opinion, Demon. The gameplay gets boring on maps that are played over 9999 times. This maps cannot give anything new and appears wish to leave so idea with longer cooldown is great.

Aug 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Agreed +1

As a follow up may i suggest that as a server we dedicate a certain time to playing and testing new maps, this way we can gurantee that new maps are being played rather than playing the same maps at the same time every day.

CRuNCH

Server Admin
May 10, 2018
England
I agree as well that something needs to be done, i think putting these maps on a weekly rotation is a bit excessive, i think we could probably limit these maps to either 1 every one or two days and it would be perfectly fine. One problem i can spot with this though is since no laser fag players will want to join the server might just fill up with free to play bots, but as long as we get good leader for maps which people don't typically know then i think that this would be a good experiment to see how the server handles it.

Jul 15, 2018
Belgium
yesterday I started playing on the server and the first map that was on was malgo reactor. On the map change, I wanted to nominate my map to work further on it but i was too late. mako, crazy cart, cosmo were nominated and some other maps also if we play a new map then we try to finish it and we play that map then almost daily until we beat it. An example of this is demon his map ze_cv_castle_siege. We played it a week-long, almost daily, then we never played it again (i'm not sure about the last month but I'm pretty sure it wasn't played).

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019
Norway
1: make a system that stores the votes list outside the server so even if server crashes or restarts these maps are still on cool down + giving all maps 2 days cool down for 1 week, programming wise this is possible but I am not really expert in making server plugins so I have alternative solutions.

A working 2 day cd sounds nice.

Mar 24, 2019
Thank you guys for your opinions the solution will be the first according to what devil told me.
Also, a very good suggestion by @VectorLion which is dedicating a day to try out new maps which we must have like on sunday or monday.

U_mad?

VIP
Mar 31, 2019
+1 same maps all the day not a smart choice:p