Download file failed (map,model,material,sounds,etc)

macadadaa

Super-Moderator
Jan 28, 2016
Deva, Hunedoara County, Romania
If you get an error that the file example.bsp etc is missing from your cs:go or you see error boxes when you join the server it's because some files where not downloaded due of some settings on windows.

This tutorial is for Windows fix.

Let's begin:

First you right click on My Computer/Computer and press on proprieties option. (Or go to your control panel and open System).

After that in the left upper corner you will see a menu that gives you this options: Device Manager, Remote settings, System protection, Advanced system settings; We chose Advanced system settings.
After that you need to be on Advanced tab and where it says:
Performance
Visual effects, processor scheduling, memory usage, and virtual memory we need to press
Settings...
Then go to Data Execution Prevention (Tab) and Chose Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
If you have anything there that it's selected remove it ( you need that list to be clean/blank ).

Apply, Ok, Restart your pc and you're done.

Now you don't need to have any problems downloading files through cs:go or browsers.

If you have Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and still experience the problem then you need to make Internet Explorer as your default browser.

Here is a video tutorial also:

I hope this helps you. :D