1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New head admin thread i guess

Discussion in 'Apply for ADMIN access' started by Senseirage, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 22 users.
View Users: View Users
  1. 月の vesso

Server Admin VIP
    30/51

Considering how large the head admin task is I came up with the following idea, we can divide the role into different divisions to make it much easier for head admin to manage. Just like in the corporate structure, CEO (head admin) will have the final say and will report to Marius and he will have division officers under him that report to him (like CTO, CFO, COO, etc. in corporations).

For now I came up with the following roles but these can be adjusted depending on the workload and responsibility:

- Reports officer: assesses the reports for admins, players and ban appeals based on the presented evidence and arguments by admins as well as players. Has final say in report topics in forum unless head admin overrides the decision. (high forum activity requirement)
    - Membership officer: handles the member requests and approves or denies them based on the server history of the player. (high forum activity requirement)
    - Staff officer: handles the helper/admin access requests and approves or denies the requests based on the player's history on the server, votes on the forum and his personal judgement. Has final say in access requests unless head admin overrides the decision. (high server activity requirement)
    - Intermediary officer: handles inter-staff related disputes and conflicts by talking to both parties. (I really think that discussions among the staff shouldn't be public and handled privately over discord and often an intermediary is required. This title basicly names a formal intermadiary for helpers/admins to share and discuss staff related problems) (high reachability/availability requirement)
    - Server officer: handles the problems regarding day-to-day operations of the server (i.e. crashes, under/overtuned knockback etc.) and relays them to the head admin/moderator or Marius. (extremely high server activity requirement)

This way the head admin does not need to go after every single event and only needs to resolve problems that are beyond the skills of the officers. Since these titles do not require extra server access, they can be considered as the same level as "senior admins" with different name tags so there is no significant overhead for implementation.

Head admin keeps the entire power as he has as he is the final decision mechanism and can override any decision made by any officer but does not need to attend every matter personally which in my oppinion is too great of a task to ask from any single person.

So, what do you guys think? Tell me about your opinions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like text Like text x 1
    • List
  2. TPL

TPL
    Member VIP User
    28/51

Based on what has been explained and said about the head-admin role, it is indeed a lot to ask of one person. My impression is that most people according to discussions on server and forum cannot or don't want to.

Based on my own experience the last couple of months and others declining i would vote for Pica, for the role you call server officer. I think he has stepped up and can be seen daily loosing his temper but still struggling to lead all the tryhards and noobs (myself included) on various maps.

I think your proposal is good and reasonable, and a step in the right direction, it requires however 5 very active admins, preferably senior-admins. Is that possible?

Many clans i have experienced had something resembling a council, where the most experienced and senior officers decide on all big matters. Usually an uneven number (3 or 5) due to various voting and disagreement issues, where the leader or founder always have the last say.

I propose 3 instead of 5 (forum admin, server admin and relations/admin-recruiter), the rest should be influenced by the community and input from other normal admins and members such as it is now. Normal admins would still be able to vote on matters and the council/senior-admins can always veto or change decisions.

- Forum admin: Forum topics and memberships.
    - Server admin: Server operation, tweaks etc
    - Admin admin: Staff issues, reports and admin recruitment.

These three roles + Marius would be the "council".

• List
  3. 月の vesso

Server Admin VIP
    40/51

While I agree that 3 officers may work, I believe having a head admin before Marius for final decisions makes more sense. Marius is trying really hard (especially right now while the head admin position is vacant) but he is afterall a working man (as far as I know) and can not spare all the time in the world to meet or deal with "council" constantly.

Furthermore; Marius is already doing everything server related by himself, including access modifications (member/admin). I honestly don't think it is fair to ask him for more time to handle other head admin duties.

Finally, I disagree with the council voting apart from extremely significant decisions since if council votes for small matters it will slow down the general working of things immensely.

4. Yoshimitsu Banana

Member User
    23/26

both make good points..... but the thing is that the activity of those jobs..... vesso who do you propose for such roles? plus how will those "admins" be able to be more active? if you give me some suggestions of staff members maybe i can agree with some.... since i've been active lately

• List
  5. TPL

TPL
    Member VIP User
    28/51

You have good points Vesso and a good idea, no arguing there.

If you know of 5 very active suitable people for each role and a head-admin then problem solved imo.

I just think that we dont have those 5-6 very active people at the moment, and it will most likely lead to a few people having more names and duties than necessary.

• List
  6. Senseirage

Senseirage Kid Weaboo
    Server Admin Member
    30/51

A well planned out idea , But we do need quite a few active admins so we need suggestions for that

• List
  7. Harsh

Member User
    20/26

I like the ideas, but......since half of the admin crew is not active at all, and most of the ones that are active dont want any more responsibilites.....will be hard.
    I think first the admin team must be remade, some guys have to be removed some promoted and only after that we could speak of who and what he can do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ✞Sparta✞

Member VIP User
    30/51

So if i understood we was searching one person who are 90% active on guc.
    And now you propose to search 5 people with 50% active on Guc for share the « work « ?
    Percent are for example

9. Senseirage

Senseirage Kid Weaboo
    Server Admin Member
    30/51

Yes the idea is to take off stress from the Head admin and split his duties between some active admins
    Edit: Now we kind of need to come up with some suggestions for those duties at least

#49 Senseirage, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. 月の vesso

Server Admin VIP
    40/51

Something in that ballpark but it also separates forum duties and server duties to a degree so that even if someone is inactive on the server he/she can take more responsibility in the forum.

As an example, I am trying to stay active in forum but can not play csgo since i am trying to finish a paper before submission deadline and my pc is running my algorithm constantly and uses 90% of my ram and since each test takes around 3 days, i can’t risk a crash. This has been my life for the past 2 months: [​IMG]

Also, another reason is that head admins get burnt out quite fast due to the massive responsibility and time requirement. I expect this solution to make it more failsafe (when one or two guys need to take a break we would have additional staff to cover for them) and less cumbersome on the head admin so he can last longer before he is burnt out.

#50 月の vesso, Mar 13, 2018
  11. GeT_TaZeD

Member VIP
    40/51

Yeah who will those roles go too

12. {} WILĐ ЂÂƝAƝ

Super-Moderator
    30/51

FIRST OF ALL WE NEED TO REORGANIZE ADMIN/ SENIOR ADMIN/HELPER STAFF because there are some admins/helpers who are not active at all.... ( jerry and vesso excluded because they are still active on forum and will come play on the server when they can...)

13. ✞Sparta✞

Member VIP User
    30/51

You know you don’t need to write in uppercase.
    You have helper or admin who are not active because of real Life, study, familly etc.. and the y will comme back later.
    So yes for remove very long absent but i don’t find the added value.
    The actual problem is that we havn’t person/people for manage admin / helper, bug etc... and for keep informe Marius
    So i think that we need to see with Marius the priority and if the proposal to divide the work is accepted.

My thinking
    --- Post updated ---
    In case of Marius want only one headadmin, i stayed on Pica?
    If we splite the work we can create a vote (in extern) with the name of interested.

14. {} WILĐ ЂÂƝAƝ

Super-Moderator
    30/51

I remember if you are not active for a long time your access (helper/admin) will be removed unless certain circumstances. (and some admins bluntly told on mic that they played css ze when they had time and said that they are bored from cs go)

15. Harsh

Member User
    20/26

Its clear that not all of the admins can stay everyday in the server.
    But, we got situation before a few weeks when this guy AydanGelen or whatever his name is joined for first time in months.........started to rage against the players, slay, kick random people just because they cant finish "his" map, also talking shit about the server and the players..........why we should keep him as admin ?
    Next one AmoKlawi, havent seen him in months......even when he was active he did nothing so yeah.
    Halfy even that i like him, he is not active at all in the last months.

Can put a few more names with reasons why they should be removed, but will keep them for now.

With the helpers its even more complicated just checked the list and to be honest havent seen most of them from a really long time.

The current admin team is not ok for me as a casual player, we have only a few active from them, while we keep the others just because some old fame or whatever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. ✞Sparta✞

Member VIP User
    30/51

You are not lucky because when i am connected i always see one of admin or helper online. Pica, sensei, wild, duc.
    If you have problem with admin you have a special topic for this !! Use it, show evidence : records or screen...But im agree with you, we have some admin who are too in confident since the departure of Viktor

17. Senseirage

Senseirage Kid Weaboo
    Server Admin Member
    30/51

He reffered to inactivity not their ability to do their job
    I am with Harsh on this one out of our current roster of admins around 5 are active (im not saying everyday to be on for 20 hours or smth, BUT when you are away for 1 month playing on other servers while ignoring this server its not really admin friendly)
    Here is a list of all the missing admins so to say(i treat all of these people like my brothers but i cannot ignore they are inactive)
    -Amo-Chill af dude but havent seen him in ages
    -Halfy-inactive for some time
    -Aydan-playing other servers from what i heard and not the best reactions when he loses -Anal and Vesso-used to be really active but now they are not (still they did a good job and they deserve their admins, besides Vesso has been a huge help to the forum and Anal maybe took a break)
    -Helpers -dont get me started
    Again if i have listed your name above i dont mean no ill will against you but stil i think everyone noticed your inactivity

I propose one day/when the owner wants we go through all the helpers and admins and promote/demote as its fit

#57 Senseirage, Mar 13, 2018
  18. ✞Sparta✞

Member VIP User
    30/51

About abuse slay and kick.

19. Harsh

Member User
    20/26

I have no problem with anyone, Sensei got it.
    I also dont give a f*** who will be the admins, I just want from them to do their job, and to not apply for the helper/admin just because its cool and will give them special powers.
    Posting screenshots and stuff......Im not Paleta. :D
    If the admins cant keep their team clean........who am I to do it.

p.s. About the situation with Aydan that I mentioned above, there were also a few other admins in the server.

20. Yoshimitsu Banana

Member User
    23/26

haven't seen anal for quite a time..... what about smexy? he hasn't been active.... and Jerry will only comeback in 6 months....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.